Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected][_2_] norminn@earthlink.net[_2_] is offline

Default HOA to evict 6-year old

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"Sanity" wrote in message

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message
"Sanity" wrote in message

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message
"Sanity" wrote in message

No one said to put the child in foster care.
That is one of the options mentioned in the news.

An option could have been to bring the infant to the fire department and
abandon it but that wasn't done either.
What don't you understand?
They were and are in violation of the rules. If you don't like the
rules, don't move into an adult community. If you're so worried about
the child and the grandparents, do them a favor and take the child into
your home. That would solve all the problems. The grandparents could
continue to live in an adult home and the child could live with a
juvenile father in his home.

The fact that they are in violation of the rules does not change the fact
that a judge may order the kid to be placed in foster care. What don't
YOU understand?

Did you even read the article?

Yes, I read the article. And what don't you understand that if the
grandparents do not move out of this development and are still violating
the law, the judge could put the child into foster car.
Let me ask you a question. Do you stop for a red light? Do you pay taxes?
Why? IT'S THE LAW AND IF YOU DIDN'T YOU'D BE IN VIOLATION AND SUBJECT TO
ALL THE PENALTIES SPECIFIED.
Let the grandparents move out of there and the problem is solved.

My overarching point here is that placing the child in foster care is a crap
shoot, especially in states like Florida which have had serious problems
with their social services agencies. Which would cause the greater harm to
society? Putting the kid in a home where she's abused, or a judge telling
the HOA that they need to chill for as long as it takes for the
grandparents' home to sell?

Hindsight....if the HOA had a clause in it's bylaws that residents with
legal custody of grandchildren could be excepted, the kid could stay, it
would be an infrequent situation, and would probably not be discriminatory.