Posted to alt.home.repair
willshak willshak is offline

Default HOA to evict 6-year old

Steve B wrote the following:
"willshak" wrote

.

Does your HOA rules say that a certain type of person cannot live in the
community?
We are not talking about vehicles, or how your property is kept, we are
talking about HUMAN BEINGS.
Maybe your HOA does not like your kind and wants to evict you? Then what
will be your rssponse?

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

You're kidding, right? HOA rules in writing regarding "those type" of
people? But, yes, they are legally able to limit the minimum ages of
residents. They can be classified as "visitors", and a time limit put on
their stay.

Federal guidelines and laws were enacted in the last decades or so regarding
"those types" of people, and a lot of it had to do with minorities, gays,
and other "types" of people. HOA's are very limited in evicting people who
live there, just as any other landowner in the US is horribly limited when
evicting people from their properties. Renters can take up to six months to
evict in some places, all the while doing damage. And there's not a thing
the owner can do about it.

Were a HOA foolish enough to want to "evict" a person for personal reasons,
such as "that type" of person, "that/those person(s)" would profit greatly
monetarily from such actions. The person who holds ownership, such as a
bank, is the only one who can "evict."

HOAs can put liens against properties easily for having to clean up in
excess of normal maintenence. They can lien for towing vehicles. They can
lien if the property owner does not comply regarding landscape and such.
Then it all gets settled when the property is sold. They can call in for
excessive noise, child endangerment, child neglect, children left
unattended, underage drinking, the smell of drugs, and anything else that
everyone else can "legally" call the police about. THEY CAN NOT DO A LOT
ABOUT ANYONE THEY "JUST DON'T LIKE". Other than wage a covert war to make
life miserable until the people move out.

Which is what they usually do, and it really does turn into a war. If the
feds get involved, it's usually their side that wins. So, if someone is
stupid enough to violate federal statutes and start a war, they should just
as well go out and play football in a field full of cactuses. Writing
bylaws that describe and outline "that type of people" are digging a hole
from the get go.

Steve

Ho-hum.
You bring up vehicles, property maintenance, and other non-issues. You
apparently don't have children or grandchildren, so you can't emphasize
with people that do.
Besides, why are you responding to my post? Didn't you killfile me over
the 'star drill' thread we had 2 years ago, when you admonished others
to not respond to my "troll" messages? Please killfile me again. Thank you.

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
In the original Orange County. Est. 1683