Posted to alt.home.repair
Danimal[_2_] Danimal[_2_] is offline

Default Mounting plasma TV on the wall only to find that my studs aren't flush with the sheet rock!

"DerbyDad03" wrote in message

Ever seen one of these, centered below the TV and painted to match the
wall?

As a matter of fact, I did. It's called a **** poor excuse for a lazy mans
way of doing a job right the first time. You can hide **** and you can paint
**** any colour. In the end, you still have **** that even looks like ****
of a different colour.

On Dec 30, 8:29 am, "Danimal" wrote:
A few more considerations for anyone when purchasing a wall mount flat
screen TV. Prepping and stripping a wall section first to accomadate
mounting hardware for the tv itself to material that will hold 1-1/2 times
the weight of the appliance, fishing wires for / installing a hidden power
plug-in outlet, surround sound or external speaker hook up and cable or
sattelite hook up. Finish up by plastering and painting the wall, making
the
work invisible, neat and tidy is the only way to go.
If you are going to have cords, wires hanging down, why even bother? If
you
can't do this work, hire someone who can.
Lastly,
put away the stud finder.....................unless you're hanging a
picture.

"Unused Classified" wrote in message

Hello,
I have a new plasma TV and a bought wall mounting hardware. I used the
stud finder on the wall and found that the studs are 24 inches apart.
I drilled several small holes into the sheet rock in the area but it
seems like after I clear the sheet rock there is a half inch of dead
space before the studs. I haven't checked the whole wall but it seems
this is the case in the relevant area. Is this common? I bought
longer screws but I'm still hesitant to hang it on top of empty space.
One idea is to use 1/2 inch metal washers, if there is such a thing,
to fortify the screws.
Any other ideas?
Thanks

"If you are going to have cords, wires hanging down, why even
bother? "

Ever seen one of these, centered below the TV and painted to match the
wall?

TinyUrl:

http://tinyurl.com/HideCord

Full URL: