Posted to alt.home.repair
willshak willshak is offline

Default HOA to evict 6-year old

Sanity wrote the following:

"willshak" wrote in message
m...
Sanity wrote the following:

"willshak" wrote in message
m...
wrote the following:
On Wed, 30 Dec 2009 13:06:45 -0500, mm
wrote:

On Wed, 30 Dec 2009 09:17:53 -0600, Hell Toupee
wrote:

HeyBub wrote:

"[FLORIDA] Kimberly, a 6-year-old in the custody of her
grandparents, is facing eviction by local law enforcement
because her grandparents live in a retirement community. The
child has lived in the house her whole life, as her mother is
unable to care for her due to unspecified drug problems. Now
authorities plan to remove the girl from the only home she's
ever known and place her in foster care with strangers due to a
homeowners association policy."

I agree. 'God's Waiting Room' (Florida) is no place for a child!

http://www.inquisitr.com/43825/flori...ct-6-year-old/

Florida chose to develop itself via planned communities and
HOAs, in order to shift most of the costs of infrastructure
development initially onto the developer who builds the
community, then assumed by the homeowners who take on the debt
not only for the home they buy, but for the development's costs,
too. That's the primary purpose of the HOA - to collect funds
for the debt payments and to keep their community maintained.
Making up additional rules is what they get to do to make their
community more appealing for those who believe rules are for
everyone else. If the citizens of that state keep bitching
about their big bad HOAs, they should vote to implement an
income tax on themselves, so the state will be able to fund
infrastructure, instead of forcing developers and homeowners to
assume the debt via homeowner's associations.

That's hardly the only remedy to this situation. The legistlature
could also ban HOAs from excluding chidren.
This wouldn't require any change in taxes.

It would require a HUGE change in taxes. Over half the annual budget
for any community with children goes for schools.

Whether or not you have childrenin school, or did have them at one
time, moving into a senior housing community does not exempt you
from statel school taxes, at least, not here in NYS. I'm 72, and
the youngest of my children is 30 years old. I still pay state
school taxes. Are senior citizens exempt from state school taxes
in your state?

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
In the original Orange County. Est. 1683

You're full of crap. New York State has the STAR program for
seniors and they only pay a very small percentage of the school taxes.

I said I am paying taxes for kids that I don't have in school,
whether or not there is a reduced rate because of my age.
And try to keep your personal attacks to yourself, unless you are
unable to control yourself.

--
Bill

In Hamptonburgh, NY
In the original Orange County. Est. 1683

Well, adult communities also pay a reduced rate just like you do and
the only way they can do it by law is NOT TO HAVE CHILDREN LIVING IN
THE COMMUNITY. Is that too hard for you to understand? What if NYS
eliminated the STAR program. You'd bitch like all hell because you had
to pay full school taxes while not having children in school anymore.

Adult communities do not pay a reduced rate in school taxes, or do they
pay school taxes at all? Residents of the communities pay the taxes, and
they get the same advantages, if any, of other state residents wherever
they may live, whether in communities, or in remote areas.