Posted to alt.home.repair
Sanity[_5_] Sanity[_5_] is offline

Default HOA to evict 6-year old

"willshak" wrote in message
m...
Sanity wrote the following:

"willshak" wrote in message
m...
mm wrote the following:
On Wed, 30 Dec 2009 16:37:17 -0500, willshak
wrote:

Whether or not you have childrenin school, or did have them at one
time, moving into a senior housing community does not exempt you from
statel school taxes, at least, not here in NYS. I'm 72, and the
youngest of my children is 30 years old. I still pay state school
taxes.

Don't despair. Maybe he will graduate soon. Or at least he can get a
high school equivalency certificate.

Are senior citizens exempt from state school taxes in your state?

I had the impression in at least one state, they paid a lower property
tax rate.

Bill

What state?

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

YOUR STATE!!!!!! Ever hear of the STAR program in NY?

Yes, and I do use it. Maybe you should read the line that I was
questioning? about PROPERTY taxes? You, see, 'STAR' stands for "School TAx
Relief ", not "PROPERTY": tax relief, else it would be PTAR, which
wouldn't make sense, unless it was pronounced somewhat like pteradactyl,
where the P would be silent, but I digress.
They are separate taxes where I live in NY. I pay both property taxes and
school taxes.

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
In the original Orange County. Est. 1683

And an adult community pays property tax and very little school tax. Why is
that different from what you are paying?