Posted to alt.home.repair
Hustlin' Hank Hustlin' Hank is offline

Default Looking for a better way........suggestions?

On Dec 30, 11:37�am, "Steve B" wrote:
"Hustlin' Hank" wrote in message

Thanks guys. Here's what I am going to do: I am going to cut a groove
with a saw and see how that works out. If it doesn't drain it, I will
then cut another groove 4 - 6" (or slightly wider than a paver) from
the first and remove the concrete and fill with gravel and top with
pavers.

Also, I think the person who was operating the bull float over floated
it. Thereby moving the concrete from the center to the edge. If I had
to guess, he would rather float it than get down on his knees and
finish it. He looked busy so the other guys thought he was too busy.

Hank

Hank. �When I cut one for my major pond, I 45'ed the blade and made one cut
1/4" deep. �Then I went the other way, and using the blade, hogged out the
other half of the 45, leaving a groove. �It works fine, and doesn't tend to
clog up. �You just have to use a piece of plywood or something someone can
stand on and not move for your saw edge guide to get a straight cut for both
cuts.

Steve

Good idea.....thanks!

Hank