Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default Mounting plasma TV on the wall only to find that my studs aren't flush with the sheet rock!

willshak wrote:

-snip-

Yeah, I've heard of it, but I've never heard of 24" on center studs in
the living area of a house, unless there are no building codes where the
OP lives, hence the Appalachia reference.

Building codes are a 20th century thing. Lots of houses older than
that.

Also, IIRC, in the 70s when folks first started using 2x6s for studs,
some codes would allow 24" centers. 24" centers for an interior,
non-loadbearing wall wouldn't surprise me at all.

Jim