Posted to alt.home.repair
Sanity[_5_] Sanity[_5_] is offline

Default HOA to evict 6-year old

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message
"Sanity" wrote in message

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message
"Sanity" wrote in message

"Steve B" wrote in message

Must be some fabulous grandparents living in that retirement
community if
they can't stand the sight of a 6 year old child. What assholes.

We live our lives, grow up, grow old, raise our children, kick them
out of the nests if we are good parents, and they fly off on their
own. For some, they get stuck raising their grandkids, by whatever
reasons.

Assholes who reach grandparenthood want to take their money and live
in a place where someone else mows the grass, paints the houses, fixes
the roof, and does all that stuff. They can sleep until 10AM because
there aren't a bunch of screaming kids running around outside their
doors. Digging holes, leaving "stuff" all over, and getting into their
"stuff". They pay good money for that quiet. Kids aren't allowed.
And then these kids turn into teenagers, and all that brings with it,
even if they are well behaved teenagers.

Do you also insist that it takes an asshole who won't let you take
your 8 year old son into a drinking establishment?

It's an unfortunate situation, but not one where all these residents
should be forced to alter their lifestyles because one family's
situation has soured. They signed legal papers saying so, even the
grandparents of the child. It's time for them to relocate the child,
or move out.

I would never buy into a HOA. I shouldn't say never, because one
never knows. But if I did, I sure as hell wouldn't want screaming
kids and rude teen agers to deal with again. BTDT, did my time,
raised my kids, they're through college now, and on to careers. But
if something did happen to any of my children, and I had to help raise
the grandkids, hell yes, I'd do it. But I wouldn't put it on the backs
of a bunch of other people and make it THEIR problem. I'd move out to
a house where they could live more comfortably.

Does that make me an asshole?

Steve

Far from being an asshole. You did your duty and you want to relax
now. It's your privilege to do so. And I too, if by some unfortunate
happenstance that I had to take in one or more of my grandchildren to
raise, I'd do it in a heartbeat. And like you, I wouldn't inconvenience
anyone else because of my responsibilities. I would just love to live
long enough to see some of the idiots that posted otherwise here grow
old enough to resent some kids screaming and yelling in front of their
houses and annoying them. It would make life so worthwhile to hang
around for that.

I live in a pretty nice neighborhood. The worst annoyances a

1) People who use leaf blowers for hours on end, trying to get one leaf
out from under a shrub.

2) Old folks who don't clean up after their dogs because they claim
they're unable to bend over low enough to do it. They should not own
dogs. Or, they are lying.

There are lots of kids here. They cause no problems, although one
neighbor's little kid developed a brief fascination with his dad's push
broom, and insisted on sweeping my driveway to show me what a fabulous
broom he had. The kids make no undue noise of any kind.

So by your above statement you admit that you're in the youngish stage of
life.

Bad guess, or unclear definition. I'm 56.

How do you know how you'll feel when your older and possible sicker? Will
you be able to tolerate any noises or disturbances?

There were no indications of problems in the article, so let's refrain
from guessing, OK?

Adult communities are nice to live in for seniors, not juniors. Let's go
one step further. If an older person were in an old age home and a
grandchild needed a home and care, would it be proper to move the
grandchild in with all the old folks in a nursing home?

I guess you're right. It would be the best thing for society at large if
the little girl was dumped into Florida's "system". Weren't there some
scandals involving the "system" not long ago?

..Who said she should be dumped? The grandparents should move out of an HOA
and raise this kid elsewhere. If the grandparents are old enough to go into
a nursing home, would it be all right to bring the 6 year old with them?
And you're 56 years old? You sure haven't learned anything in those 56
years.
Again, if the rules say no kids, what don't you understand? And who are you
to tell people how to or where to live? Did you pay for their houses? Did
you pay their maint. fees? When you're a true senior, if you like kids so
much move into a day care center.