Posted to rec.woodworking
CW[_5_] CW[_5_] is offline

Default In our fondest dreams ...

"Leon" wrote in message

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Wed, 30 Dec 2009 08:11:19 -0500, the infamous "Larry C"

It boggles my mind that people do not vote.

Can you blame them? I've only voted for one of the last 5 presidents,
and that covers 7 terms, or 28 _years_! The rest (Clintoon, Dubya,
Osama Bin Biden) got in despite my best voting each and every time.
I've become extremely discouraged, but I still vote in every election
I'm entitled. I'm saddened, but I can't blame them for thinking that
their vote doesn't mean squat. In some ways, if everyone who was
wishy-washy voted, more bad guys would win by promising more crap and,
as usual, failing to deliver any of it. (See "Obama's gonna pay my
rent/car payment/utilities" video.)

IMHO people don't vote because there is no one that they want to try to
elect. Voting for someone that you don't want in office defeats the
purpose, don't you think?

Yes and no. If you truly believe that either one would do just as well as
the other, then don't vote. If you believe that one would do a better job
than the other, even if it is not the job you would like, then vote.