Posted to rec.woodworking

Default In our fondest dreams ...

wrote in message
On Dec 30, 10:53 am, "Mike Marlow"
wrote:
wrote in message

No, people don't vote because they're too lazy, as is their right in
any free state. Often they're too uninformed to have an educated
opinion, so *SHOULDN'T* vote.

What a presumptuous fool you are! I said nothing about what people
should believe or how they should vote, or even whether they should be
allowed to vote. I do believe that perhaps they shouldn't vote if
they haven't made some effort in understanding the issues. Most
don't, so we end up with a mess like we have currently.

Reference your very words above, which I had quoted in my reply. You very
clearly state the reason people don't vote. You further state that they are
often too uninformed therefore should not vote. That is what I called you
on. People vote on what is important to them. That is a very real part of
the voting process. You don't have to like it, but that's life. It's not
yours to decide if that qualifies them to vote, or to state that those who
do not vote are simply too lazy.

Voting for someone that you don't want in office defeats the
purpose, don't you think?

No, voting for the "lesser of evils" certainly doesn't defeat any
purpose. You're never going to be 100% happy with another controlling
your life. Less is better than more.

It most certainly can defeat the purpose. This has been demonstrated time
and time again, as Washington critters prove to be one and the same,
regardles of their party affiliation or their promises.

Nonsense. You propose that things can never be worse.

I propose no such thing. You need to stop trying to assign thoughts and
motives to other people. You only serve to embarass yourself when you are
wrong.

What an ass.

You are too transparent. Those who disagree with you must all be asses.

--

-Mike-