Posted to rec.woodworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default In our fondest dreams ...

On Wed, 30 Dec 2009 11:54:05 -0500, the infamous "J. Clarke"
scrawled the following:

Larry C wrote:
"Leon" wrote in message

"HeyBub" wrote in message

Well ... we can dream.

The problem is not the Congress, it's the voters who elected the
members. An approval rating of 23% really says "I don't like 80% of
me!" ('Does this dress make me look fat?')

We don't get the Congress we deserve - we get the Congress we elect.

The problem is "who" gets to vote, and the fact that congress does
not have to get a majority of the registered voters vote.

Elected officials should not win because they simply got a majority
of the vote, they shoud get a majority of the registered voters
vote. For example if there are 10 registered voters, only 3 show up
to vote, and all 3 vote for candidate "A", that is not good enough.
Candidate "A" must get 6 or more votes to win.

Not voting is a vote that the candidates are not wanted and should
be cast aside.

You file a ballot and you vote a blank for that person.

Enough blanks and the candidate may start to wonder. Even more
important, enough blanks and citizens may run against an incumbent
thinking they can be defeated.

IMHO you should always file a ballot, blank them all if you want, but
file a ballot.

Also, people need to educate themselves more about what is going on.
I saw a bumper sticker that read: "Pay more attention or pay more
taxes"

I'd like to see three options on every ballot for every office--"none of the
above", "shoot them all", and "abolish the office".

I think I could second that! Bwahahahahaha!

But think, if we abolished all the gov't we didn't actually _need_,
many additional millions would be out of work. I guess, as they've
thought of us, "It's only paeons (gov't workers), so why worry?"

--
It's a shallow life that doesn't give a person a few scars.
-- Garrison Keillor