Posted to rec.woodworking
Neil Brooks Neil Brooks is offline

Default In our fondest dreams ...

On Dec 30, 12:33*pm, Tim Daneliuk wrote:

Uh huh, just like ACORN did to get people like Dear Leader and
Al "The Clown" Franken elected. *

It always elevates the rhetoric to begin casting aspersions like that.

Election fraud at some slight
level has been with us for decades. *It's smaller here than in
other places, but it will never be zero. *cf The JFK election.

I didn't mean that the Right had a monopoly on it, but ... what do you
recall about Database Technologies vis-a-vis the Bush/Gore election.
There clearly WERE some paid-by-the-piece ACORN folk who ripped off
the company, and -- in so doing -- harmed the process.

But I've seen no evidence it was condoned, sanctioned, sponsored, or
directed by the organization. If you recall the Database Technologies
story, then you'll know the same can't be said of that whole
situation.

What is interesting is that in the aftermath of Bush v. Gore,
even the Bush-Haters like the New York Times came to the conclusion
that Bush did, indeed, win FL in 2000. *

That doesn't address the issue of how.

This is unlike the case
of ACORN for where there is overwhelming evidence that they
are lying, cheating, and stealing on a massive repetitive scale.

I'd be interested in a citation for that. That doesn't comport with
the info that I've seen.

Out of curiosity, does the proponent of this not-good-not-new idea
also miss the Good Old Days of ... slavery?

You are deeply confused my friend.

Well, thank the Good Lord for what I clearly feel is the imminent
opportunity for YOU to set me straight!!!

The "slaves" today, are the half
the country that are paying taxes so the other half doesn't pay any.
The "slaves" are the business owners that have to go through all kinds
of government regulatory hoops, put their own capital at risk, hire
and fire according to today's PC culture, and then - after 30 years -
be told that they are "rich" and need to pay their "fair share". The
"slaves" today are the people who are being told what to do with their
personal property and their lives to satisfy the tender sensibilities
of whichever group happens to currently occupy power.

Meh. Easily countered bumper-sticker arguments. I'll pass on the
bait, though.

As for the rest of your post ... it's tantamount to a "Bush-Cheney" or
"McCain-Palin" sticker on a Suburban or Yukon: redundant and
superfluous :-)