Posted to rec.woodworking
DGDevin DGDevin is offline

Default In our fondest dreams ...

"Larry C" wrote in message
(snip)

The bigger issue, I believe, is that only a small percentage of the
electorate vote during an election.

The elected know that if they cater to a certain group than they have a
good chance of being reelected because that group will go out and vote.
If more people voted, then the "base" that we always hear about would not
be as defined.

It boggles my mind that people do not vote.

Larry C

Making voting mandatory is an interesting idea, 32 nations have done so and
two-thirds of them enforce that requirement. Hmmmmm--don't vote and you pay
a substantial fine (pegged to income)--that should get people's attention.
Of course I'd also require that all ballots have a "None of the above"
choice.