Posted to rec.woodworking
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default In our fondest dreams ...

In article , wrote:

Can you blame them? I've only voted for one of the last 5 presidents,
and that covers 7 terms, or 28 _years_! The rest (Clintoon, Dubya,
Osama Bin Biden) got in despite my best voting each and every time.

I've voted in every Presidential election from 1976 on. Only four times has
the candidate I voted for won the election -- and only *one* of those
four times did I really feel good about the vote I cast. Two-thirds of the
time, I've voted for the candidate that I perceived as the lesser of two
evils. The system of primary elections seems to somehow ensure that only
mediocre candidates will receive a major-party nomination.

I've become extremely discouraged, but I still vote in every election
I'm entitled.

Yep. Same here, on both counts.