Posted to rec.woodworking
Neil Brooks Neil Brooks is offline

Default In our fondest dreams ...

On Dec 30, 7:45*am, (Doug Miller) wrote:
In article , Swingman wrote:
Best thing we could do to would be to go back to the original concept of
only property owners being able to vote ... but damn would that **** off
the politicians and lobbyist.

I don't think I agree with that. Among other things, it would disenfranchise
the working poor, while allowing the idle wealthy to retain the right to vote.
That doesn't strike me as operating in the best interests of society.

Don't think they give a **** about that.

One must be inCREDibly uninformed to have no concept of the true
implications of the term "landed gentry."

And/or ... one must simply want to pretend they're running the Bush/
Cheney campaign, and work as hard as humanly possible to disallow
votes from blocs that traditionally comprise Democrats.

Out of curiosity, does the proponent of this not-good-not-new idea
also miss the Good Old Days of ... slavery?

Wow. Astounding.

Google "confirmation bias." Somebody needs to get out more ... and
challenge some of their own fundamental, closely-held positions, from
time to time.

To be crystal clear: these comments are NOT directed at Doug Miller.