Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jules[_2_] Jules[_2_] is offline

Default Timely reminder - Fan Heaters, check for hot running and clean.

On Wed, 30 Dec 2009 13:02:06 +0000, Grimly Curmudgeon wrote:
If it's a Model M, it should have the manufacture date on the bottom...!

12/6/1989 made in UK, so probably a Greenock one.

Mine's a late 1986, before they started putting status LEDs on them. I
kind-of miss having a caps-lock LED sometimes, but I've not poked around
in the guts yet to see if there's any possibility of adding one (I'm not
sure if the lack is because they hadn't thought of providing them yet,
or if there was some aesthetic* reason)

* maybe the ashtray was supposed to live in that spot on my model :-)

Oh, mine has a right-hand shift key that sometimes sticks - never have
worked out why (there's no obvious wear or problems in the mechanism).
Some silicone spray helped a lot, but it still sometimes binds if I tap it
quite far out toward the right-hand edge (fine in the middle or left-hand
edge). Other than that it's pretty much bomb-proof, though...

cheers

Jules