Tom Watson

Default WAAAY OT - BUT FUN - THE BARNEY FUN PAGE

On Sat, 06 Dec 2003 16:21:58 GMT, "Ron Magen" wrote:

For a couple of summers I taught Rifle Marksmanship at a local Day Camp. I'm
talking about the REAL thing, too. Standard NRA 50 foot targets at 50 feet,
and the techniques of sight picture, breath control, & trigger squeeze . . .
even though the kids were between 6 and 15 {actually, it was the 10 & 11
year olds that concentrated the best}. It was BB guns & Air Rifles for the
'little ones', and .22 for the older kids.

We used to shoot at an indoor range in the winter. Fifty feet. All
positions. With sling and without.

I miss the smell the most.

Burnt powder and Hoppes #9 (smelled better than Chanel #5 to me -
still does).

Now most of the gun clubs have been turned into swim and tennis clubs.

Sigh...

Regards, Tom
Thomas J. Watson-Cabinetmaker
Gulph Mills, Pennsylvania 19428