Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_6_] Leon[_6_] is offline

Default In our fondest dreams ...

"HeyBub" wrote in message

Well ... we can dream.

The problem is not the Congress, it's the voters who elected the members.
An approval rating of 23% really says "I don't like 80% of me!" ('Does
this dress make me look fat?')

We don't get the Congress we deserve - we get the Congress we elect.

The problem is "who" gets to vote, and the fact that congress does not have
to get a majority of the registered voters vote.

Elected officials should not win because they simply got a majority of the
vote, they shoud get a majority of the registered voters vote. For example
if there are 10 registered voters, only 3 show up to vote, and all 3 vote
for candidate "A", that is not good enough. Candidate "A" must get 6 or
more votes to win.

Not voting is a vote that the candidates are not wanted and should be cast
aside.