Posted to rec.woodworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default In our fondest dreams ...

On Wed, 30 Dec 2009 08:11:19 -0500, the infamous "Larry C"
scrawled the following:

(snip)

The bigger issue, I believe, is that only a small percentage of the
electorate vote during an election.

The elected know that if they cater to a certain group than they have a good
chance of being reelected because that group will go out and vote. If more
people voted, then the "base" that we always hear about would not be as
defined.

It boggles my mind that people do not vote.

Can you blame them? I've only voted for one of the last 5 presidents,
and that covers 7 terms, or 28 _years_! The rest (Clintoon, Dubya,
Osama Bin Biden) got in despite my best voting each and every time.
I've become extremely discouraged, but I still vote in every election
I'm entitled. I'm saddened, but I can't blame them for thinking that
their vote doesn't mean squat. In some ways, if everyone who was
wishy-washy voted, more bad guys would win by promising more crap and,
as usual, failing to deliver any of it. (See "Obama's gonna pay my
rent/car payment/utilities" video.)

--
It's a shallow life that doesn't give a person a few scars.
-- Garrison Keillor