Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Looking for a better way........suggestions?

On Tue, 29 Dec 2009 10:15:34 -0700, Tony Hwang
wrote:

Hustlin' Hank wrote:
How do I fix this problem?

I have a concrete drive. One section of it (approx. 12' x 16') is
PERFECTLY level around the perimeter, but sags a little in the center,
which holds water. This means that when it rains it holds water in the
whole section. Yes, whoever installed it didn't do a very good job.

I thought about drilling a hole in hopes it would drain this section,
but I assume it would clog up in short order. I thought about cutting
out a trough to let the water escape, but think this would look tacky.
I don't want to go to the expense of replacing the section. Replacing
the section would be a different color and look like ****. The
driveway is about 200 ft long which would totally be out of my range
for replacing the whole drive way.

Got any suggestions?

TIA

Hank

Hi,
Replace whole section or mud jacking.

Mud jacking would make that section mismatch the rest at one or more
joints UNLESS it is the end section. I doubt the concrete would flex
enough to raise the centre enough to drain without raising one or
more edges. - or cracking the concrete.