Posted to alt.home.repair
willshak willshak is offline

Default Outdoor Christmas lights

Ed Pawlowski wrote the following:
gcotterl wrote:

For next Christmas, what kind of Christmas Light Strings should I buy
for the outside of my home?

On some of the strings I currently own:

1) all the bulbs light
2) none of the bulbs light
3) the bulbs on only a section of the string light

On the strings I want, if a bulb dies or is missing, the rest of the
bulbs should light.

Do what I do. No lights outside. Save lots of headaches and time. Put a
candle in the window.

I decorate the front door so it looks like a Christmas package and flood
it with a red spotlight.
I'm too old to climb ladders anymore, unless it's a necessity for
repairs or gutter cleaning..
Besides, I would have to compete with the "Griswalds" across the street,
and I have about 30 years on him.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY