Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
stryped[_3_] stryped[_3_] is offline

Default insulating underground pipe

There are places where my water line are slightly above the frost
zone. i could not help it as there were lots of obstructions in my way
when digging the ditches and I could not get the bepth I wanted with
the ditch wich.

Anywat, I used pipe insulation (the slip on foam kind) for the whole
run.

I was interested if anyone has heard of this, but on the net I read
somewhere where a municipality in New York said to use foam insulating
board layed in the ditch on top of the pipe. It said soemthign to the
effect that where one inch foam insulating board was used would reduce
the required burry depth by 6 inches. Does anyone know about that?

If a person were to do this would the foil barrier go toward the sky
or the ground? Top or bottom?