DavidD

Default How to treat a brick floor?

Hi,
We have a C17th house, one of the downstairs rooms (24'x15') has a brick
floor which at some point has had a very thin layer of screen? (is that
right it looks like cement) on it.
I'd like to take the screed up and expose the bricks, our damp proof people
also suggest that the floor needs to breathe and we should remove the
screed.
I have pulled up a corner to check the state of the bricks and they look
fine however there is a residue of the cement or whatever was used for the
screed.
Before I start to strip the whole floor I need to know how I'm going to
clean the bricks up and then what I can coat them with to protect them and
make it easy to clean whilst still alloing the floor to breathe.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

David

Ps the bricks are on dirt.