Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Looking for a better way........suggestions?

DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Dec 29, 2:50 pm, "HeyBub" wrote:
Hustlin' Hank wrote:
How do I fix this problem?

I have a concrete drive. One section of it (approx. 12' x 16') is
PERFECTLY level around the perimeter, but sags a little in the
center, which holds water. This means that when it rains it holds
water in the whole section. Yes, whoever installed it didn't do a
very good job.

I thought about drilling a hole in hopes it would drain this
section, but I assume it would clog up in short order. I thought
about cutting out a trough to let the water escape, but think this
would look tacky. I don't want to go to the expense of replacing
the section. Replacing the section would be a different color and
look like ****. The driveway is about 200 ft long which would
totally be out of my range for replacing the whole drive way.

Got any suggestions?

Driveway French Drain:

Rent a concrete hole-maker (they use them for installing in-floor
safes, posts, whatever). Your local tool rental shop can advise you.

Once through the concrete, use a post-hole digger and excavate as
deep a hole as you can.

Fill the hole with gravel. Slap a drain-cover on the top.- Hide
quoted text -

"Driveway French Drain"

Actually, I think that would be closer to a Dry Well than a French
Drain, since it's vertical, not horizontal but the concept works.

Ah, right. Thanks.