Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Need schematic for Sony KV-1380R TV

On Dec 28, 11:00*pm, Sylvia Else wrote:
hr(bob) wrote:
On Dec 28, 8:36 pm, Sylvia Else wrote:
Franc Zabkar wrote:
On Sun, 27 Dec 2009 21:54:47 -0800 (PST), "hr(bob) "
put finger to keyboard and composed:
Just had a Sony Model KV-1380R given to me a couple of days ago. *Only
problem is simultaneous but intermittent horizontal and vertical
shrinkage of about 20%, on a random basis.
It sounds like the EHT is increasing substantially. Does the set have
separate horizontal deflection and EHT generation circuits? Is there a
H-stat?
http://www.repairfaq.org/samnew/tvfaq/tvsonyhstat.htm
http://www.repairfaq.org/samnew/tvfaq/tvmohstat.htm
- Franc Zabkar
Would also make the image brighter, wouldn't it?

Sylvia.- Hide quoted text -

Sylvia:

It might, it is hard to tell if the image gets brighter since I have
never actually seen it make the transition from normal to shrunk.

Perhaps get a video camera and recorder on it? Would also tell you
whether the change is abrupt, or somewhat gradual, which you presumably
also don't yet know.

Sylvia.- Hide quoted text -

good point!