Posted to sci.electronics.repair
D Yuniskis D Yuniskis is offline

Default Waffle iron light.

Hi Andrew,

Andrew Erickson wrote:

How long does it take to bake waffles? I am sure their
hefty thickness must dramatically increase cooking time.
But, is it really long enough to venture far from the iron?

I can't say I have a precise timing, but it's somewhere around a few
(maybe five?) minutes. It does vary a fair bit for different waffle
irons (depending upon the depth of the waffles) and probably the precise
batter used, too. Commercial irons are probably somewhat quicker.

Ah, OK. So, there is a fair bit of "mass" represented by
the waffle batter. Is it enough to noticeably cool the
iron (i.e., does the light come on as soon as you slo
the batter into the iron and then stay on for a fair
length of time as the iron tries to reheat itself)?