Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Andrew Erickson Andrew Erickson is offline

Default Waffle iron light.

In article ,
D Yuniskis wrote:

Hi Andrew,

Andrew Erickson wrote:

On my waffle iron, a pretty old model, the "light" is just a little
window thingy through which you can see the heating element's glow.

Exactly. Little more than a plastic "jewel" (mine is faceted
enough that you can't really "see" through it -- like the
textured glass of a bathroom shower door)

Precisely the same sort of thing for me--a multi-faceted slightly cloudy
plastic widget. (I don't know if it started out slightly cloudy or has
merely aged that way--but in either case, it's only the glow that's
visible.)

For a pizzelle iron, you never venture far from the iron
(since its a 30 second "event"). So, the indicator is
always staring you in the face.

How long does it take to bake waffles? I am sure their
hefty thickness must dramatically increase cooking time.
But, is it really long enough to venture far from the iron?

I can't say I have a precise timing, but it's somewhere around a few
(maybe five?) minutes. It does vary a fair bit for different waffle
irons (depending upon the depth of the waffles) and probably the precise
batter used, too. Commercial irons are probably somewhat quicker.

--
Andrew Erickson

lose." -- Jim Elliot