Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Outdoor Christmas lights

On Dec 29, 1:59*pm, gcotterl wrote:
For next Christmas, what kind of Christmas Light Strings should I buy
for the outside of my home?

On some of the strings I currently own:

* * * * *1) all the bulbs light
* * * * *2) none of the bulbs light
* * * * *3) the bulbs on only a section of the string light

On the strings I want, if a bulb dies or is missing, the rest of the
bulbs should light.

Here's how I'm going to spend the "off-season"...

I'm going to buy a boat load of these:

http://www.1000bulbs.com/images/HLS-MALE600-600x.jpg

and a bunch of these:

http://s3.amazonaws.com/l.thumbs.can...ock0234912.jpg

Then I'm going to take all of the strings of Christmas lights that I
own and turn them into hundreds of single bulb strings, each with
their own plug.

I'll never have to worry about half-lit strings or short sections of
strings going out again.

If I do 8 or 9 a day, I should be ready by next Thanksgiving.