Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Streater Tim Streater is offline

Default Radiators in series - WTF?

Wondering why the living room rad was not getting hot, I remembered I'd
turned off the one in the conservatory - common wall. Looking at that, I
discover these two rads are in series, but there is the possibility to
turn a screw in a pipe a 1/4-turn, opening a valve, and thereby short
circuit the hot-water *around* the conservatory rad. This rad is still
off and the living room one is now nice and toasty.

The bathroom also has a rad in series with the towel rail. Is there any
rational reason for these sorts of arrangement?

--
Tim

"That excessive bail ought not to be required, nor excessive fines
imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted"

Bill of Rights 1689