Posted to sci.electronics.repair
David Farber David Farber is offline

Default Waffle iron light.

D Yuniskis wrote:
David Farber wrote:
This is an old waffle iron. Maybe over 20 years old. It heats up,
but there is some indicator light which I think means the waffle is
done. I am not a waffle type person so I have not personally had any
experience using it. I have been told that the light sometimes will
stay on when it is supposed to be off, and other times, won't come
on at all. There is a control knob underneath the handle. Here is a
pic of it.
http://members.dslextreme.com/users/...f/Waffler.html

I can't find any make or model info on it. There are some logo-like
wavy lines that look like a scripted, lower case "L" on the top of
it. There is some writing toward the front of it but some of the
letters are faded away and I can't figure out what that is either.
Is the light just a switched temperature sensor?

I have a pizelle iron that is similar. The indicator simply
indicates when the heating elements are receiving power
(i.e., when the temperature sensor is "calling for" heat
*and* the unit is plugged in).

Its role, as such, is more of "the iron is now up to temperature".

Makes perfect sense to me. I guess it would take a little more than a
temperature switch to sense exactly when the waffle was done cooking.

Thanks for your reply.
--
David Farber
David Farber's Service Center