Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Red is offline

Default Need armchair legal opinion trash hauler

Round here, folks contract privately for weekly residential trash
removal. The company provides one of those 95 gallon wheeled bins with
their name on it which you roll out to the curb on pickup day.

I've been unhappy with my current hauler for a while now so didn't renew
service for the coming quarter but hired another company.

I called the old company today to let them know I was done with them as
of today which was my last pickup day of the quarter-- and asksed them
to come get their wheelie cart.

They said dit would be about 10 days until they could come get it and
told me to just leave it out by the curb. I told them a few days storage
was fine but a week and a half was not (ugly, smells bad, in the way,
neighbors unhappy, etc.) but they said 10 days was how long it's going
to take.

I guess at this point, I have several options (charging them $10 a day
rent to store their property on mine, escalating it to a supervisor,
calling the county zoning enforcement division and complaining of their
"litter" in my yard, etc.

I guess what I'm looking for here is the easiest way-- really don't want
to get into a ****ing contest over a stinkin' garbage can ...

Any suggestions?