Posted to sci.electronics.repair
David Farber David Farber is offline

Default Waffle iron light.

This is an old waffle iron. Maybe over 20 years old. It heats up, but there
is some indicator light which I think means the waffle is done. I am not a
waffle type person so I have not personally had any experience using it. I
have been told that the light sometimes will stay on when it is supposed to
be off, and other times, won't come on at all. There is a control knob
underneath the handle. Here is a pic of it.
http://members.dslextreme.com/users/...f/Waffler.html

I can't find any make or model info on it. There are some logo-like wavy
lines that look like a scripted, lower case "L" on the top of it. There is
some writing toward the front of it but some of the letters are faded away
and I can't figure out what that is either. Is the light just a switched
temperature sensor?

--
David Farber
David Farber's Service Center