Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Recommendations for flooring material to go on top of a trapdoor?

On Dec 28, 3:29*am, "CraigT" wrote:
OK, here goes. *I bought this investment property and I'm fixing it up. *I'm
to the point of installing some sort of flooring material in the laundry
room/rear entry. *Right now the floor is 3/4" plywood. *When the previous
owners installed this floor they made it 3/4" taller than the large closet
in the room which houses the furnace and hot water heater. *The problem is
the furnace is an updraft model which has the filter laying flush with the
floor. *The first thing I did was cut a piece of the floor out so I could
slide out and replace the filter and then I replaced the flooring. (btw-the
filter looked to be 10 years old and was almost sucked up into the squirrel
cage). *Having the ability to *remove this piece of flooring seems to be the
easiest way to access the filter. * Now comes the hard part. *I need to
install some sort of finished floor material to the 3/4" plywood that can
withstand the rigors of this setup. *My first choice would be vinyl sheet
goods, but I'm worried it will eventually peel and curl. * The area of this
trap/access door will see a fair amount of traffic because it will be in
front a doorway going into the kitchen from the laundry room. *Any ideas?

Yes, I realize I could raise the furnace, but I was kinda thinking about
getting away easy on this project.

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4720 (20091227) __________

http://www.eset.com

Cork: