Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default O/T: Gotta Love It

Dave Balderstone wrote:
In article , Swingman
wrote:

Where and what kind of Canadian indians would be serving in the US Army
during that time?

Likely Mohawk, and likely from Akwesasne, which is in both Canada and
the US (NY State).

Sounds like Quebec, which would explain the particular French dialect?

Apparently there were a number of them. If I hadn't gone through it
myself I would be surprised that their participation in that particular
operational area would not be better known.

No one wanted to hear about it then, and obviously fewer could care less
now.

My hat goes off to them in any event ...

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08