Posted to rec.woodworking
Neil Brooks Neil Brooks is offline

Default O/T: Gotta Love It

On Dec 28, 9:00*am, Steve Turner
wrote:
On 12/28/2009 1:29 AM, LDosser wrote:

"Steve Turner" wrote in message
I *know* my awareness is as good as
it gets, and I *know* it's better than 90% of the other people on the
road. Of course, I can't *prove* it to you, and even though I've had a
clean driving slate for 15 over years,

Come back when you've got Fifty.

Ok, so you've always been a perfect driver, whereas I've made a few mistakes
along the way before I learned my lessons. *The fact is, we're both
demonstrably "safe" drivers, but that means nothing in the face of the crusade
to ban the use of cellphones while driving. *I can still have my hot cup of
McDonald's coffee in one hand, a hash brown in the other, fiddling the controls
on my road shaking stereo system while checking my look in the vanity mirror,
but the minute I put that cellphone to my ear I'm a *criminal*.

Nah.

HUGE numbers of people vocally advocate for enforcement of "distracted
driver" laws that are already on the books of so many municipalities.

But ... those cries seem to fall on deaf (or cell phone distracted)
ears.

Why? I can only speculate.

If municipalities WOULD start enforcing distracted driver laws -- a
proposition with just about zero downside -- then there would BE no
additional law needed.