Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Osborne[_2_] Dave Osborne[_2_] is offline

Default Timely reminder - Fan Heaters, check for hot running and clean.

Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Tim W brought next idea :
The amount of air-in-a-can I get through keeping 4 comps clear 3-4
times a
year almost makes it worth getting a compressor.

I keep mine up from the floor, where it sucks less dust in. I take it
out to the garage maybe once a year and give the inside a good clean out
using the compressor, but you need to be careful with both cooling fans
and fan heater fans (particularly) not to let the compressed air spin
them too fast.

No disrespect to Harry, but generally speaking, you should not clean a
computer with a domestic airline, as the airline will most likely
contain water vapour and may contain oil and grit - none of which are
good for the innards of a computer.

If you have a clean, dry, oil-free, pressure-restricted air line, fairy
nuff.