Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Sylvia Else Sylvia Else is offline

Default Need schematic for Sony KV-1380R TV

hr(bob) wrote:
Just had a Sony Model KV-1380R given to me a couple of days ago. Only
problem is simultaneous but intermittent horizontal and vertical
shrinkage of about 20%, on a random basis. Removed the set back,
problem is still intermittent, but appears to be less frequent. Tried
beating on anything related to power supply, both in normal and
trouble modes, no effects. I suspect something in the power supply
since both H & V are affected. Currently running the set with a
voltmeter on B+ which is running about 155V, waiting for something to
go wrong. But I can't sit around watching the set, just check it
intermittently. Anyone had similar problems with this or similar
Sonys. Photofact folder is 2564, putting manufacture date at sometime
in 1987 or early 1988. If anyone has a pdf of this folder, please let
me know.

Does the picture brightness remain the same?

Sylvia.