Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad
JosephKK[_3_] JosephKK[_3_] is offline

Default Cheap Sheet Metal brake

On Mon, 21 Dec 2009 12:54:10 -0700, Jim Thompson /Snicker wrote:

On Mon, 21 Dec 2009 14:36:05 -0500, PeterD wrote:

On Mon, 21 Dec 2009 10:34:37 -0700, Jim Thompson
/Snicker wrote:

I need a CHEAP sheet metal brake for some hobby projects.

Up to 24" would be nice.

Anyone have experiences/recommendations?

Thanks!

...Jim Thompson

Try Eastwood. They cater to automotive restoration/customizers but
they do (last time I checked) have small brakes. I have an 18" one,
does light steel and aluminum, but nothing really heavy is possible.

Maybe I need to find someone to consult that has a machine shop ;-)
My 10 years at GenRad Portable Products were a joy for G-jobs... go
into a full-fledged machine shop after hours... punch presses, lathes,
band saw, drill press, milling machine, fancy brake with moveable
shoes... "pants wetting" ;-)

...Jim Thompson

Now this helps me understand how blessed my high school years were,
I had all of that plus the equivalents for wood shop (including a 48
inch planer) and welding (gas/electric-rod/GMAW&GTAW) available if
i took those courses, and drafting with PMP arms. In the 1960s.
Oops, i don't think the HS had punch presses.