Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] upscale@teksavvy.com is offline

Default O/T: Gotta Love It

On Mon, 28 Dec 2009 00:45:57 -0600, Steve Turner
those commercial drivers out there that use other forms of "contraptions" to
communicate with their central office or co-workers? Two-way radios? I don't
recall this issue ever coming up with CB radios.

Just because trucker's two way radios are currently in the news
doesn't mean that they're safe. It just means they're not currently up
for discussion.

I think even you'll admit that cell phones on the road out number
truckers two way radios by a very large margin. Cars outnumber trucks
by a large margin. To me anyway, it makes sense that cell phone use by
regular drivers is what should be targeted.

I don't see too many truckers applying their make up or putting on
lipstick while holding a mirror and cell phone and driving at the same
time. Or perhaps reading stock market results while driving and
talking on the cell phone? Cars and cell phones? I've seen all
instances a number of times and I don't even have a car. How can you
refute that cell phones are not a distraction... a distraction for
everybody, no matter who you are?