Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy[_2_] Robatoy[_2_] is offline

Default O/T: Gotta Love It

On Dec 28, 1:35*am, Swingman wrote:
Swingman wrote:
You won't hear any argument on that count from me ... I'm a big fan of
both Canada and England, with relatives in both countries, and, AAMOF,
fought side by side with a Canadian outfit in RVN ... they were in my
fire support fan for 7 months and I called in artillery fire for them
almost daily.

A question for you Canucks ... I always wondered about these guys ...
there was a small group of them (Canadians) serving as advisers (US) to
a Montangard tribe in the Central Highlands and were reportedly indians
themselves. Although I heard them daily on the radio, I actually ran
across a couple of them in Dalat when the ARVN Ranger outfit I was with
occupied a firebase there for a few weeks. Besides decidedly Candian
accented English, they spoke Quebecois French, similar to what I heard
as a kid and what my Dad spoke natively. Since Dalat had been under
French rule for some time, and French was as prevalent as Vietnamese in
that region, I figured that was why they were in the area.

Where and what kind of Canadian indians would be serving in the US Army
during that time?

--www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08
KarlC@ (the obvious)

Native Americanadian Indians don't recognize the border between the US
and Canada. At least, around these parts, they can work and live on
either side of the border. Maybe that applies to all Native Americans.