Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Air Compressor

FYI, most Senco roofing and siding type guns are made to be bounce
fired like roofers do, just hold the trigger and bounce as many times
as you want. So it fires an "indeterminate" number of nails or staples
per trigger pull. This can cause double fires quite easily if you are
using it like a shop tool. You can get a "determinate" trigger upgrade
from Senco. Call customer service and they send it for free. It is
just a little spring thing and not to hard to install. All internal so
it feels the same after you install it.

On Dec 27, 9:36*am, krw wrote:
On 27 Dec 2009 12:21:15 -0500, DJ Delorie wrote:

I just upgraded from a "5HP"/20g (actually 1-2 HP) portable to a true
4HP/80g two-stage. *My reasons were two-fold:

1. The single stage couldn't keep pressure *above* 120, which is where
* some of my nailers like to be. *90 psi isn't always enough. *The
* new one bottoms out at 135 PSI :-)

2. Pneumatic sanders suck up a LOT of air - they're one of the more
* air-hungry tools you can get. *Went from 4 to 12 CFM :-)

I went with a cast iron oiled compressor this time, but I still need
to pick up an oil trap before I can retire the old one.

OTOH, I bought a Dewalt D55168 because its storage tank operates at
200PSI and it was less than 2HP so usable on 120V. *You make a good
point about sanders (and paint sprayers) but I decided they weren't
something that I was likely to buy anyway (well, paint was a risk I
took). *My nailers all spec 90-100PSI. *My *Senco siding nailer
(disclaimer: an eBay special) double-nails if it's too much above
90PSI.

It's a big step up from my PC pancake (which I still use). *