Posted to alt.home.repair
benick[_2_] benick[_2_] is offline

Default remove ceiling "popcorn" from sandblasted glass?

"hr(bob) " wrote in message
On Dec 27, 1:30 pm, "benick" wrote:
"hr(bob) " wrote in message

On Dec 27, 12:22 am, "benick" wrote:

"hr(bob) " wrote in message

On Dec 26, 9:08 pm, "Steve B" wrote:

"hr(bob) " wrote in message

On Dec 26, 5:04 pm, "Steve B" wrote:

"hr(bob) " wrote in message

On Dec 26, 1:02 pm, "WW" wrote:

"TNSTAAFL" wrote in message

We have an exterior entry door with several leaded glass
panels -
the
leaded glass is sandblasted - the glass panels picked up some
overspray
when we were having the entryway area remodeled - we'll be
re-painting
the
wood sections of the door, but before we do that, what's the
best
way
remove the "popcorn" material from the glass sections? The
leaded
glass
won't take a lot of scraping or pressure. THANKS!
What Dan and benick said. ww- Hide quoted text -

Paint remover very carefully applied.

reply:

DON'T EVEN CONSIDER IT. Idiot. It's water based. Water dissolves it.
There is no way to "carefully" apply paint remover.

Doofus.- Hide quoted text -

Where does the OP say the overspray was water-based?? I have applied
paint remover using a paint brush to do almost exactly what the OP
proposes to do.

reply: I don't believe I have ever seen "popcorn" that wasn't water
based
drywall mud paste with styrofoam additives. I could be wrong, though.
was once before, too.

Steve- Hide quoted text -

Well, that doesn't make me an idiot or a doofus!

Yes it does....If the OP listened to your stupid advice he would be
re-painting trim as well.....Popcorn is made with joint compound ,
texture
spray mix , water and white flat wall paint...ALL water washable....-
Hide
quoted text -

I guess I'm confused. Why would the OP HAVE to repaint the trim if he
appplied the paint remover only to the glass? I said in the original
response to apply the paint remover carefully. The OP also said that
they were going to repaint anyway. Read the original post if you
don't believe me.

Yes you are confused and an idiot...- Hide quoted text -

But I have a 5-star rating and you only have 2 stars so some people
must think I am not confused and an idiot.

That's not what your wife said...JUST KIDDING..Sorry couldn't resist that
easy comeback....LOL....What the heck are you talking about ???