Posted to alt.home.repair
Jules[_2_] Jules[_2_] is offline

Default Water Heater

On Sun, 27 Dec 2009 14:11:15 -0500, Nate Nagel wrote:
Should I try to make this change on a seven year old electric water
heater? I'm concerned that if I do, the old one will break off instead
of unscrew, and I'm replacing the hot water heater.

That's a decision only you can make. I managed to get two out that were
far older (bought a house with old heaters in it) but you may not be so
lucky.

Yes - for the record, I tried it with my 12yo one, figuring I'd replace
the valve with something sane rather than the crap it had (and re-use it
on the eventual replacement), but there was just no way the old one was
coming off without cracking the plastic body.

cheers

Jules