Posted to rec.woodworking
krw[_5_] krw[_5_] is offline

Default Air Compressor

On Sun, 27 Dec 2009 12:03:46 -0600, Swingman wrote:

krw wrote:

It's a big step up from my PC pancake (which I still use).

Anyone who is seriously into woodworking and does some DIY home
repair/remodeling can certainly benefit from two air compressors.

I've just started finishing the room above the garage for my shop.
Until I get the floor done and air lines run from below (the
compressor is going to stay in the garage), I'm using the pancake for
the nailers. It works fine, if it does cycle a lot.

I have a small Husky Scout that is really handy behind the seat of the
truck and is great for trimming cabinets and small jobs around the
house; and a 12gal semi portable oiler that's works just fine for what I
do in the shop (no air tools or spray painting), but just a bit too
unwieldy to be loading and unloading out of the truck for smaller jobs.

The pancake was my first compressor. If I had it to do over I'd
likely have gotten something better but it convinced SWMBO that a
compressor wasn't just another toy. ;-)

Historically I've run through the none lubricated pancake portables and
had to replace them about every three years, so, at $99, the little
Husky Scout nicely fits the bill for a throw-a-way at about a third of
the price.

Pancakes aren't any more expensive than that. I think I paid $250 for
the pancake and three finish nailers.