Posted to rec.woodworking
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Air Compressor

Sasha wrote:
I am looking to buy new Air compressor. What type and size would you
recommend for a woodworking shop + home improvement and construction
project (involving framing and roofing nailers)?

I am considering HarbourFreight. I have several air tools from it and
they are OK. Any experience with their air compressors?

Nailers require pressure, but very little volume. The biggest portable you
can handle would be my recommendation. In the shop, some guys use air tools
and sprayers that require a lot more air and have the 5 HP compressors, but
they are of little value for a construction project and kind of awkward
getting up on the roof.

I have no experience with Harbor Freight and I'd be rather skeptical of the
quality of their compressors. But they could be the same made in China stuff
the other guys are selling at higher prices.