Posted to uk.d-i-y
Matty F Matty F is offline

Default (Eurostar) Similar Question re Gas Supplies

On Dec 28, 4:15 am, "Tim Downie"
wrote:
"Matty F" wrote in message

On Dec 24, 9:37 pm, "Tim" wrote:
Matty F wrote:

Yet another reason why I won't have gas anywhere near the house.

That's a bit extreme. Properly handled, it's acceptably safe and offers
considerable savings for heating.

That may well be true in the UK. But here in NZ I don't need heating
(or cooling). I probably turned the heater on less than 10 times in
the last year. The supply charge for gas (even if I don't use any at
all) would cost more than my entire heating bill.

Well that's a cost issue, not a safety one.You were saying it was too
dangerous (which you've snipped).

I said (which you've snipped):
There have been three emergencies with my neighbours' gas supplies.

Three occasions when a pipe has broken, causing a huge amount of gas
in the air and all the neighbours to phone the fire brigade at the
same time. That could have been dangerous if there was a spark
anywhere.