Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Water Heater

That is a very wise thing to do. I replaced my hot water
heater a couple years ago, and should have done just exactly
that.

Maybe I should put a full flow drain on my cold water
heater, too?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

wrote in message

I have nasty water and scale is a regular thing. I figured
out on
about my second water heater that the drain valve they use
will screw
up right away and probably won't pass the big chunks anyway.
I put in
a short 3/4" pipe nipple and a gate valve before I even
installed the
next new one. You screw in a 3/4 to hose adapter on the
output side.
A gate valve opens to the full pipe size and you can take it
apart
easily if it cruds up, but that hasn't happened.