Posted to alt.home.repair
benick[_2_] benick[_2_] is offline

Default remove ceiling "popcorn" from sandblasted glass?

"hr(bob) " wrote in message
On Dec 26, 9:08 pm, "Steve B" wrote:
"hr(bob) " wrote in message

On Dec 26, 5:04 pm, "Steve B" wrote:

"hr(bob) " wrote in message

On Dec 26, 1:02 pm, "WW" wrote:

"TNSTAAFL" wrote in message

We have an exterior entry door with several leaded glass panels -
the
leaded glass is sandblasted - the glass panels picked up some
overspray
when we were having the entryway area remodeled - we'll be
re-painting
the
wood sections of the door, but before we do that, what's the best
way
remove the "popcorn" material from the glass sections? The leaded
glass
won't take a lot of scraping or pressure. THANKS!
What Dan and benick said. ww- Hide quoted text -

Paint remover very carefully applied.

reply:

DON'T EVEN CONSIDER IT. Idiot. It's water based. Water dissolves it.
There is no way to "carefully" apply paint remover.

Doofus.- Hide quoted text -

Where does the OP say the overspray was water-based?? I have applied
paint remover using a paint brush to do almost exactly what the OP
proposes to do.

reply: I don't believe I have ever seen "popcorn" that wasn't water based
drywall mud paste with styrofoam additives. I could be wrong, though. I
was once before, too.

Steve- Hide quoted text -

Well, that doesn't make me an idiot or a doofus!

Yes it does....If the OP listened to your stupid advice he would be
re-painting trim as well.....Popcorn is made with joint compound , texture
spray mix , water and white flat wall paint...ALL water washable....