Posted to alt.home.repair
Nate Nagel Nate Nagel is offline

Default Water Heater

Roger Shoaf wrote:
"Puddin' Man" wrote in message
Others have commented well on tankless.

If you tinker at all, I'd recomend tinker unless you're extremely
pressed for time.

It has a drain spout? Get a pan, drain some to get a handle on sediment.

If it has an anode rod, I'd carefully finesse it out for inspection.

Etc, etc.

While it's a good candidate for immediate replacement, you don't really
know what the current problem is. It's possible you could get another
5+ years of use from it. Unless it's extremely inefficient energy-wise,
I'd guess it's worth investigating.

Good advice, I will add to be sure if you are going to drain the WH, don't
have the power on when the elements are not submerged, this will kill them
in short order.

And do it while your local hardware store is open, in case the drain
valve doesn't shut again. (have had that problem several times.)

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel