Posted to alt.home.repair
Twayne[_3_] Twayne[_3_] is offline

Default OT Electric Problem or overloading the circuit

Mmm, I shold probably direct YOU to the reread and who said what. I did not
even come close to using the phrase "Edison Ciruit" until someone magically
inserted it into the thread. Then, since I know such circuits fairly well, I
invited him to clarify which part of Edicon Circuit" he was referring to,
he had nothing to say. That says to me he was parroting something, hoping to
change the subject to an area he could better argue instead of the OPs
issues, which is known to be a tactic of, well, certain types of ng
participants who really don't participate.
It almost worked, too; I wasn't careful enough in my wording back to him
I guess.
I don't anywhere in this thread recall EVER saying that YOU didn't tell
the OP to call a pro, the only logical thing for his apparent expertise
level. If I did, I apologize, because there WERE several posts telling him
to get a pro in. I think I hit Send too soon and had to add mine as a PS,
but I recommended the same thing.
It's often difficult to tell who is responding to whom unless the entire
thread is displayed onscreen, but you seem to have erred.

That's not to say I didn't respond to another part of your post that was in
error; I don't recall it and don't feel it worth looking up the whole
thread. I'd simply respond with the same answer again. When details don't
exist in a post, nothing useful can be gotten from it. It appears that my
attitude was that you lacked an understanding of something in the OP's post
and had stated it more than once, prompting my "if you're too thick"
comment. You can live in the past if you wish, but I prefer to look forward.
If you have something specific you'd like to work out, I'll be OK with that
but otherwise I think our communicatiosn are pretty much at an end here.

Twayne

In ,
Doug Miller typed:
In article , "Twayne"
wrote:

Because you're too thick to understand
the dangers of the OP's situation is your problem, not mine.

Twayne, the more you post on this topic, the more you look like an
idiot. Read
the thread from the very beginning. *My* first post in the thread was
maybe
the third response the OP received -- and the first four words of
that post
are "Call an electrician NOW".

I understand the dangers of the OP's situation just fine -- what you
fail to
understand is that there is no reason at all to suppose that his
problems are
in any way related to an Edison circuit.

Edison ckts are
inherently dangerous to humans working on them

If you knew anything at all about the subject, you would know that's
not true.
Tell me this: if Edison circuits are "inherently dangerous", why are
they
permitted under both the NEC and the CEC?

Often you'll find excellent advice on a newsgroup.
Before you use that advice though, consider the
ramifications of it being wrong or even dangerous;
how important IS that to you?
ALWAYS verify and confirm ANY advice from a
newsgroup!